Looking for a fun Easter treat to offer up for the kids? This one might look like it’s a bit of work, but in the end it’s really all about melting some colored chocolate.
This recipe will make 1 dozen Easter Oreos. That’s good enough for a small party, right?
Bunny Oreos Treats: Fun DIY Recipe For Kids On Easter
- 1/2 cup solid shortening plus 1Tablespoon
- 1/3 cup each Wilton colored chocolate melts in bright pink, bright green, yellow, lavender, light blue, orange and white. (Or, you can use white chocolate melts/almond bark and add food coloring)
- 12 double stuff Oreo cookies
- 2 Easter Bunny candy/cookie molds
1. In a small microwave bowl, microwave 1T shortening. Add 1/3 cup yellow chocolate melts. Stir until completely melted.
2. With a small spoon (I used a teaspoon) fill up the bunny part of each mold with the melted yellow chocolate.
3. In a small microwave bowl, microwave 1 T shortening. Add 1/3 cup of pink chocolate melts. Stir until completely melted.
4. Pour about 2 T of the melted pink chocolate into 2 molds, covering the yellow bunny completely. (There will be 2 cookie molds of each color).
5. Drop an Oreo cookie into both molds.
6. Cover up the Oreos with the remaining pink chocolate and fill the mold up to the top.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 using each remaining colors: blue, orange, green, lavender and white. When you are finished, you will have one dozen cookies, 2 of each color.
8. Chill for 30-45 minutes.
9. Gently invert mold over a plate or platter and pop each cookie out. They will be released from the mold very easily.
PRODUCTS YOU NEED:
- Dress My Cupcake Chocolate Candy Mold, Bunny Rabbit Cookie Mold, Easter
- Wilton Yellow Candy Melts, 12-Ounce
- Wilton 1911-424 Candy Melts, 12-Ounce, Bright Pink
- Wilton 1911-421 Candy Melts, 12-Ounce, Vibrant Green
- Wilton Orange Candy Melts, 12-Ounce
- Wilton 1911-1358 Lavender Candy Melts, 12-Ounce
- Wilton 1911-1300 Candy Melts, Bright White