Have you seen Star Wars yet? We JUST did and I LOVED IT SO MUCH OH MY GOODNESS I’M SCREAMING. Anyway, in order to celebrate the new release of ‘The Force Awakens’, I thought it would be fun to give you a recipe that relates to the epic saga.
I cried. I gasped. I cheered. I cried some more. I thought of ways that I could get into the next one… you know, sneaky ways, like somehow crawling on set and just hiding in a corner. OBSESSED.
Anyway, here’s the recipe because I’m getting crazy.
Star Wars Fans! Darth Vader Double Chocolate Cocoa Recipe
- 1/3 C dark chocolate wafers
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/3 C boiling water
- 3 1/2 C whole milk
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C half & half
- whipped cream
- chocolate sauce
- Black sanding sugar
- simple syrup
- Whisk the chocolate, sugar and pinch of salt in a saucepan.
- Pour in the boiling water.
- Continue to stir while this mixture comes to an easy boil.
- Constantly stir and simmer for about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add and stir in the milk heating until hot. Do not boil!
- Remove from stove, add vanilla.
- Dip the glasses in the simple syrup and then dip into the sanding sugar
- Divide between mugs.
- Top with whipped cream and drizzle the chocolate sauce.