There are so many places to eat today, so many great and no-to-great choices. We recently went out for dinner at Bonefish Grill‘s new location on Long Island and the whole family loved it. It’s a great looking restaurant, comfortable yet sophisticated. Great bar, low lighting, well done. We went early and there were plenty of kids there, too, so have no fear! While the style of a restaurant is very important, let’s be honest, it’s about the food, right? I have to say, Bonefish Grill has great food in spades, especially if you like great fish dishes. The kicker…awesome seasonal and even a Halloween menu! I love seasonal foods and this menu as spot on.
We started off sharing some Edamame and Bang Bang Shrimp. The shrimp was awesome…nice and crisp with a great, spicy cream sauce. Really nice and a great way to start. Bill really, really loved it.
For drinks…Bill had a local pumpkin ale that fit the meal and season perfectly. I was adventurous and tried the brand new Fresh Pear Martini…it was ah-maze-ing. Freshly muddled Pears, Absolut Pears vodka, St. Germain Elderflower liqueur + fresh lemon juice. Garnished with an edible flower for fun! It’s a must try, seriously.
As the harvest season approaches, Bonefish Grill’s fall menu celebrates with crave-worthy dishes and perfectly paired cocktails. These selections are only available as the leaves are falling and include Saucy Shrimp, a classic guest favorite featuring sautéed shrimp in a lime tomato garlic sauce with Kalamata olives and Feta cheese.
Fish lovers will rejoice over Oscar Mahi Mahi, grilled, then topped with lump crab, asparagus and lemon butter sauce, or Swordfish + Pumpkin Ravioli, topped with feta, crispy onions and truffle butter, served with French green beans. Bill absolutely LOVED the Swordfish/Ravioli. Flavorful, bursting with fall feel, and a great pairing!! I have to be honest…I went with the chicken. Sorry, but it looked so good..and it was. Lily’s Chicken had goat cheese, spinach, artichoke hearts + lemon basil sauce. Delish.
The kids had some great, familiar kid meal including mac and cheese, grilled chicken, and french fries. Perfect and easy. They offer shrimp and fish sticks if you want to get them in the fishy mood, too.
For dessert, we went big and couldn’t get enough. How about Pumpkin Creme Brulee? It was decadent with hints of cinnamon + nutmeg with whipped cream. Perfect for the season and absolutely one of the best ever! If that’s not enough, how about some amazing Doughnuts?? Three warm croissant-like doughnuts, tossed in cinnamon sugar. Served with sea salt caramel and chocolate sauce. It was seriously delicious…I mean seriously. Bill even loved his coffee!
If all of that wasn’t enough for you, here are some additional highlights are:
- Crab Crusted Icelandic Cod – Lean, flaky fish with a mild flavor, garlic + crab crumb dusted, topped with crab, white wine lemon sauce and served with choice of side + spaghetti squash
- Scampi-Style Snapper + Shrimp – Grilled over oak then topped with pan roasted shrimp, grape tomatoes, white wine scampi sauce served with jasmine rice + green beans
- For a sweet ending, guests can enjoy Jen’s Jamaican Coconut Pie, baked in creamy custard with a rum sauce and fresh whipped cream.
- Cocktail pairings like the Fresh Pear and Fall Apple Martinis are ripe for picking on the menu this fall at Bonefish Grill. These handcrafted cocktails combine the juices of nutrient-packed, low-cal fresh apples and pears with premium specialty vodkas and flavorful infusions.
How can you top this amazing Fall menu? Is that not timely enough for you? How about a holiday specific menu? This is awesome! It’s Halloween, people, the best holiday of the year!!
Trick-or-treat give me something good to eat. Bonefish Grill is offering a Hooked on Halloween three-course menu for those looking to skip the ghouls and ghosts and enjoy an evening out.
The Hooked on Halloween menu features three generous courses starting at $14.90. Each dish is served with a fresh salad and perfectly finished with a choice of signature dessert including Jen’s Jamaican Coconut Pie, Classic Cheesecake or Macadamia Nut Brownie. Culinary forward and unique combinations on the special menu (from both land and sea) usually served only on Tuesday include:
- Atlantic Salmon — 6 oz. grilled to perfection + topped with your choice of a signature sauce, fresh side + seasonal vegetable
- Spicy Tuna Bowl — Premium sushi grade, sesame-seared rare, avocado, sweet chile sauce, jasmine rice + passion fruit salsa
- The Angler’s Sirloin Steak — 6 oz. center cut sirloin served with choice of fresh side + seasonal vegetable
- Ahi Tuna Steak — 6 oz. grilled to perfection + topped with your choice of a signature sauce, fresh side + seasonal vegetable
- Cold Water Lobster Tail — 5-6 oz. lobster tail, seasoned and steamed, served with warm drawn butter + crispy Yukon gold potatoes
- Fontina Pork Chop — Boneless pork chop, fontina cheese, garlic, prosciutto, mushroom Marsala wine sauce
- Sea Scallops + Shrimp — Jumbo shrimp and scallops + topped with your choice of a signature sauce, fresh side + seasonal vegetable
- Pecan Parmesan Crusted Rainbow Trout — Artichoke hearts, fresh basil + lemon butter
- Filet Mignon — USDA center cut 6 oz. served with choice of fresh side + seasonal vegetable
What do you think? Are you ready to get out to your local Bonefish Grill or what? We can’t wait to get back and try this Halloween menu! If you go, let me know what you think, what you had, and if you’re going back.
To find out more about Bonefish Grill, please visit: