Oatmeal Cookie Fruit and Nut Bars
Let’s get healthy together!! This is so fun! Have you ever wanted to make your own Oatmeal Cookie Fruit and Nut Bars? Well, here’s a super easy recipe for you to try out. Honestly, I didn’t think it would be this simple – but am so excited to see that it’s actually possible to make these on my own. You can really put whatever you want in your fruit and nut bars – but here’s what we started with for our recipe:
- ½ Cup Golden Raisins
- ½ Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 Pkg. (16 oz.) Oatmeal Raisin Cookie dough (your favorite brand)
- 1 ½ Cups Oats
- ½ Cup Pecans, roughly chopped
- ½ Cup Coconut, shredded
- ½ Cup Mini Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚
- In a small bowl soak the Raisins and Cranberries in 2 cups warm water for 5 minutes, drain.
- In another bowl break the Oatmeal cookies apart and add the Oats, Raisins, Cranberries, Pecans,
- Coconut and Chocolate chips. Mix to combine.
- Place the mixture into an 8×8 inch pan lined with lightly greased parchment paper with a little excess paper hanging over the edges to use as handles to remove from the pan for cutting.
** Optional, place whole pecans or additional chopped pecans on top.
- Bake at 350˚ until deep golden brown, 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into bars.
- Store in airtight container unrefrigerated up to one week. Refrigerated up to two weeks.