I’ve always wanted to try eyelash extensions and I was FINALLY offered the opportunity to get fake eyelashes last week. YOU KNOW I TOOK IT. When I got back home, all my friends were flipping O-U-T and I was asked a million questions. So, I thought I’d write up a little post about the best fake eyelashes, how to apply fake eyelashes, and what it felt like to get them placed on my eyes. Honestly, I was totally intrigued by the entire process.
I naturally have long eyelashes already, but there’s something really special about having them all ready when you wake up in the morning. BOOM! I love it.
6 Things To Know About Fake Eyelashes
6 Things To Know About Fake Eyelashes:
- The process was pretty quick. I was in and out of the chair in about 7 minutes.
- The lashes feel heavy UNTIL they get curled. Once the lashes are curled with your natural lashes, the weight gets lifted. It’s actually pretty amazing. Curling the fake lashes actually made me no longer feel them.
- The glue is easy to take off. When I was finished with wearing the lashes it was really easy to pull them off. I just grabbed an edge and slowly pulled up and across. The entire lash came off and it did not pull my real lashes with it. No glue stayed on my lids either.
- I chose the most ridiculous size – the largest they came in. I also had a ton of mascara on prior to sitting in the chair for the application. They did not add any additional mascara on the fake lashes. No one could tell I had fake lashes on.
- It doesn’t matter if you have thin lashes or long – any size will work! GO big or go home if you ask me!! It was 9AM and I still asked for the longest and most voluminous lashes.
- I went it while wearing makeup. After the fake eyelashes were placed, the artist also applied gold eyeliner over them. So, you can have makeup on before and after. With the strips, you don’t have the have a clean lid.
And just because I am in a giving mood…
Do Fake Eyelashes Ruin Your Natural Lashes?
No. Let’s just start off right there! The biggest rumor is that fake eyelashes ruin your own lashes. Well, they do not. If applied correctly and properly, they are safe.
Brands That Make The Best Fake Eyelashes
This section contains affiliate links.
- Urban Decay Fast Easy Sexy Instalush Partial False Lashes.
- Huda Beauty Lashes
- Velour Lashes in Fluff’n Thick.
- Ardell Multipack Demi Wispies Lashes.
How Long Can You Wear Fake Eyelashes?
This truly depends on the type that you get. If you get them professionally done where they place them on one lash at a time, they can last WEEKS. If you are doing it yourself with a tube of glue at home, I would say a full day at most. It really all depends on how much glue you use and how much of a rough sleeper you are.
When Do I Put My Fake Eyelashes On?
After you’ve put on your eye shadow, but before you put on your eyeliner.
How To Remove Fake Eyelashes
You can remove your fake eyelashes by first soaking a cotton pad in an oil-based makeup remover. Then hold the cotton pad over your closed eye for 20 seconds. This will help to loosen the glue.
So, what are you waiting for? Is this a beauty trend that you are dying to try? You can go to a beauty shop – like Ulta – and get a little help with your first application if you are a little nervous. OR you can go home and try to do it by yourself a few times alone in the bathroom. Either way works! I really LOVE fake eyelashes. Whenever I get my makeup done, I ask for the LARGEST and LONGEST size they have. I don’t care if it makes me look ridiculous. My motto is, “go big or go home” and I am not going home.