I cannot STAND THIS!! This is just so exciting for me – forget about what it must feel like for Amy! My friend, Amy Lupold Bair, has a new book out that I just had to tell you about. ‘Raising Digital Families for Dummies‘ is a MUST READ for any parent overwhelmed by their children’s dependency on technology.
Think about it. Our parents didn’t have to deal with cyber-bullying or monitoring our every move while doing homework in fear that we might stumble across an adult site. When I would research a homework assignment, there wasn’t a chance I would be exposed to something negative in my Encyclopedia!! My mother didn’t need to lean over my shoulder for a check-in! What would be the worse thing I could do? Sneak a peek at Pluto when I really was suppose to be researching penguins?
It’s a different world. It’s a different time. And for those of you who want to get caught up but don’t know where to start – here’s a book that will give you a great foundation.
Raising Digital Families For Dummies address:
- Covers monitoring software for computers and mobile devices
- Offers advice for handling cyberbullies and introduces safe social networks for children
- Addresses how to guide children who want to blog or podcast
- Provides information on helpful sites that you may want to explore for more issues on various issues that relate to the future of technology
- Time management — set time limits for online activities and talk to your kids about the advertising they’ll encounter
- Smart thoughts on smartphones — learn how to tell when your child is ready for a smartphone and how to talk to your teen about sexting and texting while driving
- Red flags — help your child steer clear of online predators, identity thieves, and cyberbullies
- Resources you’ll love — find great online tools to help balance family budgets, create meal plans, and more
- The best policy — learn to set reasonable rules for your household’s digital devices with a digital family policy
I could go on and on… this book is jam PACKED with info that absolutely relates to every family we know. This IS the new world. Dive right in folks.
Raising Digital Families For Dummies (For Dummies) retails online for $13.40. And congrats again to Amy for this wonderful accomplishment!