My daughter doesn’t typically pick chapter books from the library. She is still into reading books filled with pictures. But as a second grader, it’s TIME to move on and get into some sort of series. While speaking with friends during after school pick up, I put together a great list. Wanted to share just in case you had a girl who was in either the second or third grade that hasn’t found a story she loved yet.
List Of Chapter Books For Second Grade Girls: A Variety To Help Get Your Child Interested In Reading
List Of Chapter Books For Second Grade Girls: Friend Recommendation
- Roo Ciambriello: Little House series!!! Boxcar Children!! Loved those series.
- Christina Strickland: My kids liked the Hank the Cowdog series.
- Angela England: Sarah plain and tall, little house in the big woods.
- Emily Vanek: Magic Tree House, Wimpy Kid books, Harry Potter.
- Andrea Peskind Katz: Junie B Jones, Judy Moody
- Elizabeth Norton: Magic Tree House
- Robin Elton: Trixie Belden. Rainbow Magic, Bad Kitty, Stink books and Captain Underpants
- Amy Tucker: Any of the Black Stallion books and any of Marguerite Henry’s books.
- Clarissa Nassar: Judy Moody and Ramona and Beezus
- Victoria Pericon: geronimo stilton was a big deal for my daughter then
- Elena Sonnino: Nancy Drew, Time Warp Trio, and for non fiction: books from the Who Was Series (biographies)
- Leticia Barr: Encyclopedia Brown
- Cecily Kellogg: My daughter is really into graphic novels
- Shana Dieli: RL Stine, Amelia Badelia, and classics like Anne of Green Gables
Do you have any chapter books you’d like to share? Would love to get your recommendations!!