Not planning on going out on St. Patrick’s Day but still want to celebrate in the comforts of your own home? Here are a few recipes from reputable restaurants around the Hoboken area.
Abe & Arthur’s (409 W. 14th St.)
Lucky Jack Rose
- 1oz Jameson
- 1oz Lairds Applejack
- 3/4 oz grenadine
- 3/4 oz lime juice
- Shake and serve over rocks, garnish w a cherry and a lime.
- An Irish twist on a traditional cocktail, the Jack Rose.
Irish Cereal Milk Jameson Irish Whiskey & Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Milk
- 2oz Jameson
- 1Ž2 oz Simple Syrup
- 2 oz. Cinnamon Toast Crunch Milk
- Make Cinnamon Toast Crunch Milk (soaking the cereal in milk for 30 min. and then straining out the cereal
- In Rocks glass filled with ice pour in Jameson and Simple Syrup.
- Fill glass with Cinnamon Toast Crunch Milk
- Garnish with Cinnamon Toast Crunch Pieces (fresh crunchy ones, not soggy)
The Chandelier Room (255 River St., Hoboken, NJ)
- 1 ounce Captain Morgans Rum
- 8-10 oounces of coca cola
1Oak (453 W. 17th St.)
- 1 part SVEDKA Vanilla
- 1 part Coffee Liqueur
- 1 part Chocolate Syrup (or Liqueur)
- 3 tsp Sugar
- 2 parts heavy Cream
Mix all ingredients, except sugar and cream in a shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain into a martini glass. In a clean shaker filled with ice, mix sugar and cream together. Shake and strain on top. Garnish with chocolate flakes (optional).
The Darby (244 W. 14th St.)
- 1oz Bushmill’s
- 1oz Cinzano sweet vermouth
- 1oz green Charteuse
- 2 dashes orange bitters.
Mix all ingredients, stir and serve up in a cocktail glass (or on the rocks). Garnish with kumquat slices.
Butter (415 Lafayette St.)
Irish Potato Cake
- 2oz Chopin potato vodka
- 1oz housemade cinnamon/clove/nutmeg spice syrup
- .25oz lemon juice, egg white.
Mix all ingredients, shake and serve up in a martini glass. Garnish with Jameson plumped raisins & green coloring