How TRESemmé Worked Runway Hair During The 2011 NY Fashion Week
TRESemmé once again debuted some of the hottest hairstyles seen on the runway as the official haircare sponsor for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fall 2011 in their sixth season. TRESemmé Celebrity Stylist Jeanie Syfu, who led the shows, created stunning, aspirational looks for the Charlotte Ronson, Cynthia Steffe and Tracy Reese Shows.
Inspiration: The collection was inspired by a mix of military grunge and ‘70s influence. To play with the edgy looks, Jeanie created a look that mimicked a punk-like, shaved undercut with a twist. Here’s how to get the look:
- Step 1: Make a deep side part extending just past the ear and section off a diagonal portion toward the back of the head, separating the top portion with a clip.
- Step 2: Apply TRESemmé Climate Control Mousse to the bottom section and blow dry back pulling hair to one side using a boar bristle brush. This will keep the section tight and neat as you braid. Then, lightly spray hair with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray.
- Step 3: After applying TRESemmé Anti-Frizz Secret Smoothing Crème, take a vertical section just behind the ear, along with a diagonal back section to create two cornrow braids starting just behind the ear, going all the way around the head and fastening the braids with a clear elastic.
- Step 4: Release the top section, lightly apply TRESemmé Climate Control Mousse, brushing it with a boar bristle brush, gathering and twisting it up just above the ear. Fasten this with a large hairpin, leaving the ends out and diffuse this section until the hair sets and cools.
- Step 5: Release top section and layer more TRESemmé Anti-Frizz Secret Smoothing Crème with TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for added texture.
Inspiration: The clothes were very rich in color, detail and inspired by nature. To complement the older, sophisticated style, Jeanie created a young and fresh blow out with a bit of texture. Here’s how to get the look:
- Step 1: Apply TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse through hair and blow dry upside down with a flat brush, creating volume at the roots.
- Step 2: Flat iron the ends to make them straight and create a deep side part.
- Step 3: Spray TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for texture to pull the length to one side.
Inspiration: The collection was inspired by rich hues, sculptural shapes and interesting textural combinations. Each look had some point of brilliance – a shot of metallic, antique copper and silver, or vibrant pop of jewel-tones. Jeanie replicated the same inspiration into the hairstyle. Here’s how to get the look:
- Step 1: Work TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse through damp hair and blow dry upside with a round brush.
- Step 2: Spray TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray throughout, make a deep side part and create a reverse wave with a 1 ¼ inch barrel curling iron, keeping all the texture below the ear.
- Step 3: Using colored sprays, create surface highlights on the heavier side of the part and brush it through for a soft finish.
- Step 4: Spray TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo all over for and brush it through with fingers for a matte finish.