Serve up these healthy and festive drink ideas for the holiday season! Here are two delicious ideas using the goodness of Almond Breeze non-dairy almond milk. These tasty beverages will surely keep you and guests merry; and since almond milk is bursting with natural nutrients (Vitamin, A, D, & E), you don’t have to feel guilty! Plus, for those sensitive to gluten, the drinks are a perfectly delicious alternative.
ALMOND HOT TODDY
- 2 cups Almond Breeze® Vanilla
- 2 ounces spiced rum
- 1 ounce brandy
- 1/3 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon nutmeg, plus more for garnish Light whipped cream to garnish Slivered almonds to garnish
Over low heat, combine Almond Breeze® Vanilla, rum, brandy, almond extract, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly with a whisk until very warm. Pour into large mugs, leaving an inch of room to the top. Top with whipped cream, almonds and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
ALMOND HOT CHOCOLATE
- 2 cups Almond Breeze® Original
- 6 ounces bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Place the chocolate and cocoa in a mixing bowl. Heat Almond Breeze® in a saucepan. Pour over chocolate and cocoa and whisk well to melt and make frothy. Stir in vanilla. If available, use a hand blender or hand mixer to make it even more frothy on top. Pour into mugs and serve immediately. Dust with cocoa to garnish and serve with Chocolate-Covered Almonds.
For more exciting holiday beverage ideas, visit http://www.bluediamond.com/.
Originally posted by Vera