Low Cost Recipe: Curried Chicken Broccoli Casserole
(less than $2 per serving!)
* 1 pound broccoli florets
* 1/4 cup water
* 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
* 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat colby or swiss cheese add to shopping list
1.Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 13″ x 9″ baking dish with cooking spray.
2.Place the broccoli and water in a large resealable plastic storage bag. Microwave on high power, rotating occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until bright green. Drain and set aside.
3.In a small bowl, mix the soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix. Line the prepared baking dish with the reserved broccoli. Top with the chicken. Cover evenly with the soup mixture. Sprinkle with the cheese. Cover and bake for about 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until golden and bubbling.
Thanks to Prevention!