Recipe: Raspberry-Rhubarb Sorbet
Makes about 1 quart
* 8 cups fresh or frozen rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
* 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped
* 1 1/2 cups sugar
* 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
* 2 pints fresh raspberries
1. Combine rhubarb, sugar, vanilla bean seeds, and 1/2 cup water in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer until rhubarb has broken down and mixture is thick and syrupy, 12 to 15 minutes.
2. Transfer rhubarb mixture to the jar of a blender along with raspberries and lemon juice; blend until smooth. Set a fine mesh sieve over a large container. Strain rhubarb mixture into container; cover and transfer to refrigerator until chilled.
3. Freeze rhubarb mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Keep frozen, in an airtight container, up to 1 week.
** Saw this while attending the Martha Stewart show. SO EASY TO MAKE. You just need an ice cream maker. This recipe might have just pushed me over the edge. I think I’m going to buy one!