Rounding out Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2010, Guido, Redken Creative Consultant is backstage in Paris creating hairstyles that are both eye catching and inspirational! Check out his inspiration and products used this week at the Balenciaga and Nina Ricci shows to complement the designers’ Fall/Winter 2010 collections!
Inspired by 1950s and 60s French actresses, Guido fashioned a chic hairstyle to pair with the designs coming down the runway.
“Nina Ricci is a very feminine, sophisticated design house and the hair adds a dimension of “the present” making the overall look of the collection very modern for today’s woman.”
Create the look:
1. Start with clean dry hair and apply aerate 08 bodifying cream mousse to the crown of the head and rough dry to add volume at the crown
2. Backcomb hair at the crown to create additional body
3. Comb hair away from face and over the bump created at the crown
4. Let hair fall naturally at the ends and secure with forceful 23 super strength finishing spray
Wanting to the look to appear slightly futuristic, Guido created a sophisticated look at Balenciaga to compliment, not compete with the clothes.
“Balenciaga design house is very forward thinking and great to work with, which allows me to create a vision for the hair that compliments the clothing.”
Create the Look:
1. Create a deep side part of the left side of head.
2. Layer in hardwear 16 super strong gel so each strand is saturated. Comb product in so hair is smooth without bumps.
3. Secure in a low pony tail at nape of neck.
4. Make sure hair is along the hair line and pulled tight without any dips.
5. Wrap hair into a knot and secure with pins.
6. Finish with forceful 23 super strength finishing spray for hold.
Which style do you like best?