Parenting Magazine has come up with several STRESS FREE side dishes perfect for this holiday season.
PREP: 5 minutes
COOK AND BAKE: 30 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 3 (12-oz) boxes frozen winter squash
- 2 Tbs orange juice concentrate (from a 6-oz can), thawed
- 4 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 Tbs butter, softened
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 2 cups mini-marshmallows1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a shallow 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.2. Place frozen squash in a large microwave-safe bowl, cover, and microwave until thawed, about 15 minutes.3. Remove squash from the microwave, and stir in orange juice, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Taste, and add extra brown sugar or salt as needed.
4. Transfer to the baking dish and bake about 15 minutes, or until hot. Top with mini-marshmallows, and return to the oven for about 5 minutes, or until marshmallows are toasty.
HOW KIDS CAN HELP: Unwrap squash packages; measure ingredients; stir the ingredients into the squash.
Want more? Click here to see the rest of their list.