Are you looking to shed up to 60% more calories per work out??? Prevention just posted this great article giving their top ten tips to incorporate with every session.
- Quench with Cool Water
- Swing Those Arms
- Pop in Your Headphones (Working out to your favorite playlist can help you to go up to 20% longer and burn more calories, finds a study from West London’s Brunel University.)
- Put on Some Weight (To really rev your calorie burn, it is not about the number of reps, but the size of the weights.)
- Break Up Your Sets
- Head Outside (Research finds that exercisers burn 10% more calories when they walk or run outdoors than they do on a treadmill at the same speed.)
- Crank Up the Incline
- Log at Least 12 Minutes (Any amount of cardio will burn calories, but to really fight off pounds, you need at least 12 minutes (beyond a warm-up) of continuously moderate to high-intensity activity (where you’re breathing somewhat hard) most days a week.)
- Cut Your Workouts in Half (Australian researchers found that women who alternated just 8 seconds of high-intensity exercise with 12 seconds of low-intensity activity for 20 minutes, 3 times a week, slimmed down faster than steady-paced exercisers who worked out twice as long.)
- Don’t Skip Stretching
Click here for the full article which I recommend. There really are some great tips that can be incorporated in our daily activities.