The Bronx Zoo Hosts Photo Contest
This October “Boo at the Zoo” at the Bronx Zoo is the place to be for Halloween in New York City! October 10-12, 17-18, 24-25 and Oct. 31-Nov. 1. Family and friends can enjoy all of the spooky fun, including the first-ever Haunted Safari Adventure. Embark on an incredible journey as you walk, crawl and slide through huge fantastical environments, designed to delight. Take your family on a wondrous adventure through a bat cave, the belly of a snake, a rainforest swamp and much more, as you are challenged to find the whereabouts of a lost species.
There’s a lot more fun to be had at this spook-tastic event! Go batty for special wildlife magic performances and pumpkin carving demonstrations. Don’t miss live musical performances with Annie and the Natural Wonderband, and sing along to some of your favorite animal-inspired tunes. Let yourself get lost at the Bronx Zoo’s Halloween Hay Maze, or take a spin on an eerie hay ride through Creepy Hollows. Learn about amazing bats as our fabulous Wildlife Theater Players perform of It’s a Wonderful Niche. You can also join Scrap Kins and turn trash into treasure as you create an animal mask from recycled materials. Best of all, come visit with our bats, cats, reptiles and creepiest critters!
Kids in wildlife costumes get in free to enjoy this hauntingly good time!
To help get everyone bat crazy excited, we are hosting a photo contest for the zoo with early entry prizes and a Grand Prize worth the weight of an elephant. Photo contest details below.
Photo Contest Details:
October 7th – November 2nd (12:01am)
The Theme: Upload a photo taken of you, your child or your family in a wildlife costume on Facebook or Flickr! There are 100 entry-first prizes that will be awarded, one grand prize and one runner-up prize. The Grand Prize is a complimentary entry to a group of 25 to the Bronx Zoo redeemable up to six months from being awarded! The runner-up prize is a digital camera. There are also entry-first prizes of a free Boo at the Zoo t-shirt for the first 100 entries.
A panel of judges will choose from the entries the best photo they feel best represents the following:
· Best fits the theme
· Shows inspiration and creativity
1 Grand Prize winner receives the following:
· Free entry to the zoo, good for usage from six months from winning date for a group of 25 that includes free food and private tour.
1 Runner-Up winner receives the following:
· Digital Camera
100 of the first entries into the contest will receive the following:
· Bronx Zoo “Boo at the Zoo” t-shirt
Rules of Entry: There are two points of entry for this contest…
· Via Facebook – Become a fan of the Bronx Zoo fan page and upload your photo to the “Fan Photos” section. Use the Caption: “Boo At The Bronx Zoo” Check out the Bronx Zoo Facebook Fan Page at http://www.facebook.com/bronxzoo
· Via Flickr – Post your photo onto Flickr photo group for The Bronx Zoo. Make sure to tag your photo with “Boo At The Bronx Zoo” Check out the Bronx Zoo Flickr Group at http://www.flickr.com/groups/[email protected]/
Contest begins on Wednesday, October 7th and runs until Monday, November 2nd.